ERA-NC Alliance is working with counties and municipalities across the state to adopt resolutions supporting ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment by the NC General Assembly. Our goal is to have 250 counties and municipalities on board! Visit the ERA Toolkit page to download a sample resolution and tips for working with your town and county.
So far, two counties have adopted resolutions:
- Durham County, Board of Commissioners 2016
- Orange County, Board of Commissioners 2016
And TEN municipalities have adopted resolutions:
- Durham, City Council 2016
- Winston-Salem, City Council 2016
- Duck, Town Council 2017
- Kitty Hawk, Town Council 2017
- Nags Head, Town Board of Commissioners 2017
- Manteo, Town Board of Commissioners 2017
- Kill Devil Hills, Town Board of Commissioners 2017
- Southern Shores, Town Council 2017
- Asheville City Council, 2017
- City Council of Elizabeth City, 2017
If you live in one of these counties or municipalities, we invite you to send a thank you card or call your representatives and thank them!