Sign up for our e-newsletter!
Host a House Party and show the film, Equal Means Equal!
Tools and resources
- Who supports the ERA among the NC Congressional Delegation? Click here to find out!
- Who supports the ERA among NC legislators? ERA-NC Alliance conducted a survey of candidates in early 2016 – you can read the results here.
Things you can do:
- Write a letter to the editor
- Write a letter to your Congresswo/man or state legislators
- Join the petition campaign! Download the Put Women in The Constitution page, there are 4 mini-constitutions on the page; just cut them apart and invite everyone you know to sign them! Our Legislative Committee will add them to our growing collection to take to the General Assembly to visually show support for the Equal Rights Amendment in North Carolina! Contact the Chair of the Legislative Committee for more information.
Donate your time and resources
Catch up on your reading!
- Equal Means Equal, Jessica Neuwirth
- NCpedia’s page about the ERA effort in North Carolina
- Read the transcript or listen to the audio of an interview with Martha McKay, a North Carolina ERA activist in the 1970’s; here she describes how the ratification failed in NC when some key legislators changed their votes at the last minute.